Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mittens and Driving on the Lake

HCE (Home & Community Educators) made mittens for Nekoosa school kids.... we made 30 pairs on Thursday....
o
Our mitten model, Sophige and her mom Angela... Here she is striking a pose

Highlight of my week..... DRIVING ON THE LAKE

We see cars driving on the lake night and day, day and night, all winter long, and today I said to Mark let's give it a try. I've led a full and wonderful life, what's the worst thing that could happen I asked? And he responded that we could fall through the ice and drown... so we weighed our options and drove onto the lake.........
Luckily I had my camera with me (I almost always do!)

A car headed off the lake... hope he doesn't know something we don't!

Mark was scared, but he drove on because he loves me and wants me to be happy!

This is our house (a very very fine house, with 2 dogs in the yard...) from the lake

A friendly ice fisherman on the lake....


Maybe they don't hate their wives!

You can see a trailer on the lake...winter camping!



A vintage ice shanty


This is so "Adams County"



An Interview with Mark in two parts

No comments: