Monday, July 28, 2008

An Exciting Weekend!

Our life is so exciting.... you can't believe what an amazing weekend we had!
Friday I went into WI Rapids and did a little shopping, and purchased a lap top cushtop thing so I don't get too hot when I am using the lap top. I spoke with the nicest sales people at Wal-Mart who really helped me find the lap top thing I was looking for. One salesman (he was lovely too) showed me a cooling unit i could attach to my lap top, but I wasn't sure I wanted to expend more energy, what with the energy crisis and all.... so I went with the brown thing.... see picture of me working on the blog below... or wherever it ends up.
I also purchased some other stuff while at Wal-Mart (I had a list) but I don't remember anything else I bought, accept for Q-tips, I know I bought Q-tips and laundry detergent. So after checking out, I was able to go right to my car. Why is this significant? Because Wal-Mart is a very progressive and astute retailer, and they label their parking rows. So knowing that I often don't remember where I parked, I did notice that I was in row 6, and sure enough, the car was still in row 6 when I returned.
From Wal-Mart I drove to the Rome Farmer's Market... and purchased some lettuce and beans from a nice Mung couple, who gave me too much change, but I returned the extra dollar, and then I went and bought a dozen ears of corn on the cobb. I know there are only 2 of us, and I probably should only have bought 6 ears of corn, but they were selling them by the dozen, and I didn't know if I could buy less... and since it was my first time at the Farmer's Market, I didn't want to make waves.
(You know I really should remember more of what I bought at Wal-Mart, because the bill was like $99....)
After a quick lunch in was time to drive to the Dells for a vet appointment for the girls.
Sally is fat, Stella isn't. But both were scared to death... it was funny because we were in this little bitty room, which opened in the back to the medicine area, and they both tried to hidebehind me. At any rate we had a very nice, very young, vet, and the girls got the shots and such that they needed.
After the vet we went home and had chicken breasts and corn on the cobb on the grill... and we talked to neighbors!!!!! Of course they weren't real neighbors, they are just staying at the house next door.. but they sure were nice, and it is so nice to have a human being to talk to. (although Sally and Stella are good company, the conversation is a little one sided!)


Saturday found us at the Faith in Action inpromptu Brat Fry in Adams. We had a lovely time, and sold quite a few hot dogs and brats. Mark was a Big help (shown here sitting down!) and many volunteers came to help out.

We sold out at about 2:00 and returned to Rome. Following a 2 hour nap (I was exhausted!) we went to see Wal-E, which was enjoyable, and one should stay to the end of the credits to get the whole point of the movie. We then went (for probably the last time in a while) to Pizza Hut for dinner. Mark had a little pizza and I had brochetta and a salad.

Because I was so tired, the rest of the evening was shot, and I ended up in bed by 9.


Sunday found us going to Mass, stopping at the ACE Hardware store in WI Rapids (where we purchased a new squirrel proof bird feeder) and then home for a day at the beach. I am not sure we have ever had a day at the beach here.... we sat and read, and talked to our visiting neighbors, and even went swimming! We are wild!

So that was our really exciting weekend..... Mark did make a trip to the dump..... I forgot to add that important event..... and the girls had a great time swimming with us..... but all in all it was a GREAT WEEKEND.... and the only wa y it could get better is if someone came to share it with us.

PLEASE COME AND VISIT!!!!!!
These flowers are not growing in our garden... but I wish they were.

1 comment:

Janjanjan & Mark too said...

I found the Wal-Mart receipt... and now I know what I bought!
I purchased a new Welcome Mat, in red, which is my new accent color; febreze, an anniversary card for Mike and Meg, Bounce Fabric Softener sheets, a People Magazine, a Cash Box for Faith in Action, Cereal, Onions, Blueberries, a new toilet brush, and other miscellaneous "personal" items... it sure does add up fast! The total was 93.11!!!!